Paradigm Giving: The Organizations We’re Supporting in 2021
As the year ends, it’s a perfect time to reflect on the causes that are close to our hearts. As we look back on this year, it’s clear that we still have a lot of work to do when it comes to addressing the issues and inequities in our communities.
In 2021, for the sixth consecutive year, we are grateful that Paradigm can support nonprofits driving positive change through Paradigm Giving, our corporate philanthropy program. Our employees determine the organizations we donate to, and this year, they opted to support those who continue to fight for social injustice, racial equity, women, transgender, and indigenous rights, helping those experiencing homelessness, and more. Here’s a bit more about each organization’s mission:
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice (Asian Law Caucus) “Fighting with Asian American and Pacific Islander communities for civil rights and systemic change that builds a more just and caring world.”
- Black Girls Code “Increasing the number of women of color in the digital space by empowering girls of color ages 7 to 17 to become innovators in STEM fields, leaders in their communities, and builders of their own futures through exposure to computer science and technology.”
- Code2040 “Activates, connects, and mobilizes the largest racial equity community in tech to dismantle the structural barriers that prevent the full participation and leadership of Black and Latinx people in the innovation economy.”
- Compass Family “helping homeless and at-risk families become stably housed, emotionally and physically healthy, and economically self-sufficient.”
- Equal Justice Initiative “Committed to ending mass incarceration and excessive punishment in the United States, to challenging racial and economic injustice, and to protecting basic human rights for the most vulnerable people in American society.”
- Planned Parenthood “Delivers vital reproductive health care, sex education, and information to millions of women, men, and young people worldwide.”
- RAICES “Defending the rights of immigrants and refugees, empowering individuals, families and communities, and advocating for liberty and justice.”
- Sogorea Te’ Land Trust “An urban Indigenous women-led land trust that facilitates the return of Indigenous land to Indigenous people.”
- Stop AAPI Hate “Tracking and responding to incidents of hate, violence, harassment, discrimination, shunning, and bullying against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the U.S. and recognizing effectively addresing anti-Asian racism is ending all forms of structural racism.”
- Transgender Law Center “Changing law, policy, and attitudes so that all people can live safely, authentically, and free from discrimination regardless of their gender identity or expression.”
- Trans Women of Color Collective “Uplifting the narratives, leadership, and lived experiences of trans people of color, while building towards the collective liberation of all oppressed people.”
We hope that this has helped inspire those of you who can give to support non-profit organizations close to your heart this holiday season.
December 21, 2021